When we asked what you guys wanted our blog to consist of, a bunch of you said that you wanted to see some recipes on here. Now you might not see our super popular desserts and treats, a magician never reveals their secrets after all, but we are going to try and give you some of our tasty recipes to try out in your own kitchen!
Just in time for the Christmas season we have decided to share our gingersnap cookie recipe. You all love them in the case, and in the freezer, so hopefully you love the recipe and making them at home just as much! Whether you have fond memories of these cookies as a child, or you're just discovering the joys that is a good gingersnap, you are sure to love these delicious cookies. This recipe can be found here on our blog, or in the November/December issue of "What's On Chilliwack Magazine".
We do try to have gingersnaps readily available during the holiday season, both ready to eat in our case, and frozen ready to be baked in the freezer! So if you don't have time to shop, mix and bake these cookies - we got you covered, and we won't tell anyone you didn't do all the work.
As always, we do recommend using our SaraBella's flour mix for these cookies. We have spent years working on perfecting our blend and our recipes with our blend. Our flour is available online, to be shipped to your door, or in store!
Ingredients:2 cups packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1/2 cups molasses
4 cups SaraBella's Gluten Free Flour
1 1/4 Tablespoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoons sald
1 teaspoons ground gloves
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
2. In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oil, molasses, and egg.
3. In a second bowl combine the SaraBella's Gluten Free flour flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger; stir into the molasses mixture.
4. Scoop cookies into desired size (suggested 2 tablespoons worth of dough), roll into a ball and flatten slightly, dip one side in a bowl of white sugar.
5. Place 2 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until the center is firm.
Let us know how the recipe turns out for you, tag us in any photos you share online! We can't wait to see what you do with the recipe and how you enjoy the cookies this year.